Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

It has been raining these few nights.

I should not complain as rainy days are much cooler than our normal tropical climate. I think a lot of people can say that they sleep better during rainy nights.

But not for me.

At night, when I sleep in my car, I will ventilate the car by leaving the window open for fresh air. It is still hot thanks to our tropical climate, but at least the air is fresh and the humidity level is still acceptable. Unfortunately, during rainy days, I have shut the car windows as I don't want the dashboard, seats, my clothes, and me, myself, to become wet. As a result, fog formed at rapid rate, the air became stale, and I can feel the perspiration forming around me. The humidity increase to a level where breathing is difficult, and it is extremely uncomfortable.

The only thing I can do is to drive my car to a place offering shades, opened the window to let the stale air out, and continue my sleep. Unfortunately, the shades area normally means under the bridge because common sense taught us that hiding under the tree is dangerous as lightning could strike at any moment.

Why under the bridge is bad? First of all, it is more exposed than housing area, so the chances of getting mobbed is higher. Secondly, a lot of motorcycle will park under the bridges to avoid getting wet, and normally they would come near my car to take a peek. Under such circumstances, I don't feel safe at all.

Another option is to drive into a roofed carpark like those in shopping mall. But that is another bad idea as the security guards will do their rounds and they would certainly wake me up and force me to go away.

The lesson here is that there are always more than one way to look at the situation. But most importantly, the way that we are looking at the situation depends on where we are standing. For those who got a warm comfortable bed, rain is a welcome weather as it cools down the environment considerately. But for someone sleeping in the car like me, it is not good.

Last time, I didn't normally looking at things using perspective. But going through all these, I am learning to open my eyes and mind to see things differently. I can't say that I am becoming a better person, but at least I am more understanding now compare to last time.

3 comments:

FlikKy said...

all the best in what you're working on man.. i'm rooting for u..

But feel free to let me know if u need any form of assistance.

Why am I rooting for you? I kind of came from a similar background as you (more or less, i think) and i'm starting from scratch as well.. so I can kind of relate to what you're going through...

Just want you to know that you're not alone in all this...

haan said...

"there are always more than one way to look at the situation"... good that you said this. you are now under stringent training to make you a better someone.

still can't find a place to stay?

Homeless said...

Dear Flikky, thank you for your offer. I am doing fine besides some uncomfortable moment. It is unfortunate that you have to come from a similar background, but we have to be strong and work hard to achieve what we want in life. And yes, you are not alone as well.

Dear Haan, this is one tough training but I am learning a lot from it. I might have found a place to stay, but it will be revealed in due time when things are more confirmed.