Friday, April 18, 2008

Temporary shelter

I have found a temporary shelter. Or rather, technically, Adrian found me a temporary shelter.

I think the best way to describe this is to copy and paste the email that Adrian sent to me some time ago.

Hey, sorry for not dropping by your blog for a bit cos lately I had been busy. But I think there are a lot of people take notice of your blog. Good job! Trust me, if the content is not good, you still won't get visitor, and from what I read, you are good.
Now, here comes the good news.


I have talked to a few friends, and one of my female friends asked her dad, whom own a factory in XXXX. Her dad is willing to offer you a place to sleep and on top of that, he will offer you a job too! Now comes the bad news. It is not a house, but a medium size factory in an industrial area. She said you can sleep in the office, as her dad needs some one to guard the factory at night because his Indonesian worker is going back, and by that, he will be paying you a minimum monthy salary. I am not sure how much is that, but I can get in touch with her if you are interested.

Also, do you want a part-time job in sales? An acquittance of mine is looking for a part-time for his car dealership. I am not sure if you are willing to do sales as you come from technical background, but I suggest that you give it a try.

On top of that, I have checked with my ex-company which is related to your industry. I don't know how good you are, but when I put the words for you, they asked me to get your resume. So please forward your resume to XXX@XXXXX and in the subject, put "Referral from Adrian Ang". Getting the full time job or not is completely up to your qualifications.

Anyway, please don't see that I am helping you in the factory. It is a job that comes with accomodation, and best of all, they have internet connection there. So if you are willing to work as night-shift guard at the factory, call me.

Hang in there. With your qualification, I am sure you can do many things you want.

Regards,
Adrian

Now, I don't know what to say. From earlier conversation with Adrian, he told me that there are a lot of skeptical people out there about the validity of my claim for being homeless and sleeping in my car, so these people might jump out and say, "Hey, but you said you didn't pay your phone bill and you can't call out!"

(Sorry Adrian, but I have to tell them the truth and void the promise that I made to you)

My phone bill was paid, by Adrian. Well, not all by himself, but he got some of his friends to chip in as well after learning my stories. He has done so without my knowledge since he has my contact number, which I disapprove but grateful nonetheless.

I understand that this world is filled with skepticism and I don't mind that if people are doubting me. I am just a no-body in the cyberspace and I choose to remain anonymous. But I cannot tolerate people pointing their fingers at Adrian. If you want to point your finger at someone, I am here, awaiting for your accusation, and I am willing to accept all the accusation that you might have.

Anyway, let's not derive and stray too far from the topic, so let's move on.

Yes, I have taken up the job as night shift guard taking care of the factory at night. There is no bed, but at least I have a flat surface to sleep on instead of curling up my legs all the time and sleeping in an awkward position. There's no water heater, but at least I still can take a shower. At least no one is chasing me away when I use the internet. Most importantly, there is a roof on top of me where I am shielded from the sun, rain, dust, and insects.

It is still not my home. But at least this is a good start.

As for the car salesman job offering, I know nuts about automotive. I know how to drive an auto transmission car, and that's about it. So at the end they did not hire me.

I have sent out my resume to the company that Adrian mentioned, and now I am awaiting for the call for the interview. I have crossed my fingers and hoping for the best. For once, I am sure of something; I am sure that many of you have your fingers crossed for me as well, and I thank you for that.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that. It is at least a good start for you to move on. Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow this is great news...all the best :)

Nikkiko said...

it's a start ^_^

haan said...

good things will keep coming!

Anonymous said...

wow! From the way you write, it seems like your condition is improving.
Glad to hear that

Anonymous said...

Go! Go! Go!

Luck is all you need right now! =)

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't have internet connection at your new shelter or you are now busy on your way to gain back what you have lost because you haven't update your blog for quite some time. We are starting to worry about you.

Anyway, we are here giving you mental support and wish that you will get everything as you wish. We all believe that what you want to get now is good for your future as well. The longer vision you have now will help you to make better decision.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, how are you now?

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone! Adrian is a old friend and I asked him about homeless. Homeless is currently going through some training and is also taken on the job mentioned in this post. I am sure he will return soon enough but is too tied up currently to do so. Please as always remember him in your prayers. Take care.
Ps - I hope you don't mind me reassuring your well wishers :)

Unknown said...

hey cool uve found a place + a job :) congratulations! like haan says, good things will roll in! :)

william (wN) Ng | Remaining Humble said...

Dear Homeless,

Do you have a permanent email address so I can email you in private? As I might have a job that can secure you a fixed salary.

I'm not the one who is offering you the job but it is the place in which I am working at.

I am your silent reader all this while and I must say that I have learnt a lot from your lessons. The world is about money today. Money is the ultimate thing but one thing for sure cannot be measured through money which is love.

Love is what you need. We here in cyberspace are not strangers but I believed that we are your friends. These many "strangers" here are your friends. They came and they care.

Whether you believed in God or not, these are the little angels sent by God. You are certainly not alone in this case because we care for you.

Indeed I look forward to hear from you soon.

Email: wnka86@yahoo.com

Cheers...