Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thank you all... again

A lot of people had offered their help to me. Some asked me to leave a message, some asked me to drop them an e-mail, some offered by leaving comments, and some, wanted my e-mail so they can communicate with me directly.

Before I can say anything, please allow me to have the liberty of saying this: thank you all very much.

I definitely understand your concern and your heartfelt care. But please allow me to say this once again,
...please allow me to say that I am very grateful, but I need to find the steps in my life myself. I must get out of this hole myself as this is my sole purpose of surviving, period. I came to this world with nothing, and during the years, I had accumulated some small sum, and now I am reduced to nothing again. I believe that I will be back to where I was before all these nightmares, like phoenix rises from the ash. But I must do this myself.
I hope you won't take this wrongly. I want to be an independent person. When I first came to this world, I had to rely on my mother a lot until the day she passed away. But when I am of age to take care of myself, I had taken the steps to really grow up, to be independent. I had my fair share of hard time, but during these hardships, I grew up with more experience. I don't want to be a leech, to my friends, family (not much to speak of), and to the society. I believe that for the infancy stage, we will required the love and tender care from our parents, but once we reach a certain stage, we have to learn how to take care of ourselves.

I had reached this stage, many years back, and I certainly need to take care of myself. I know some of you had taken the steps to help me in a way that it is not sympathy nor pity, and I appreciate that. That is the reason why when the time was really difficult, I did not end up as a beggar on the street. That is the reason why I stand with my head up high, doing the necessity to survive.

For me to write on this blog, be it good writing or not, is a channel for me to vent out my frustrations, share my experiences, tell my stories, express my feelings, and most importantly, to let people know the mistakes that I had made so that hopefully one day, someone will stumble into this blog and not to repeat the same mistakes that I had done.

I am not a professional writer, and I am not trained in writing. The articles here might not touch a single soul nor make people weep with tears, but the underlying message is clear; it is my story, and I hope people will learn from me and not repeat the mistakes that I made in life. I regretted a lot of the mistakes that I had done. Besides the fact that I cannot turn back the clock, I can't really do much about it but to learn from these mistakes and share it with people.

But for all my readers who really want to help, please take my advice: Provide your help to someone around you. You can donate to an orphanage, old-folks home, your local animal shelter, or volunteer yourself to participate in this kind of charity work. There are a lot more people who need help more than I do, and these people are surrounding us, all of us. So please take a moment, smile to a stranger, or help those who are really in need.

For me, I am still at prime age. I am not disabled, nor illiterate. I will find my way out of this situation, myself.

Nonetheless, I still want to say thank you to all of you who had been showing me support.

Thank you.

7 comments:

haan said...

Glad to see that even u lost lotsa things in your life, your don't lose your confidence. OK, maybe no more help offering ever after, but just a little blessing. waiting to see the phoenix up again.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think your a very good writer for the record. I hope to see you make it on your own - something to tell my grand kids about. All the best dear friend :) Please add a link to the ppl who comment cos that would be really appreciated I think. Its ok if you don't add me :p

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing. What you wrote here is an experience I would never come across to.
I'm learning from your experience hoping that I won't fall into the same pit as yours.
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are a good writer. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Keep up the good work and I am sure you will make a grand comeback one day

ColourfulWorld said...

The world would be a better place if more people think like you. =)

And because of your words, I have decided to smile at strangers starting from today. That's the least and the simplest thing I can do to make the world a better place to live.

Homeless said...

Dear Haan,
Thanks for the understanding, and I will gladly accept your blessings.

Dear ayesha,
Thank you. I am trained as technical writer so I don't think my proficiency is in story telling. I will try to find the link to everyone's blog and link everyone if possible.

Dear 3point8,
Thank you and you are welcome. Always be careful and think twice before you do anything, and then you can avoid the pitfall that I had faced.

Dear Adrian,
Thank you, buddy. Let's keep our fingers crossed so that I will come back strong.

Dear colourfulworld,
I am glad that you decided to opt for a change. What you are going to do is certainly going to make a difference in the life of everyone that you are going to meet.